Dr. Gene Smith has fifty years of experience in the medical field, specializing in Internal and Psychosomatic medicine and counseling. He received his Medical Degree from the University of Oklahoma Medical School, where he did his Residency in Internal Medicine. At the same time he was in full time academic medicine, he was also involved in Psychosomatic medicine, which deals with the emotions and how it affects the physical body.
During his medical practice in the early sixties, he was not serving the Lord, even though he had been a Christian from a young boy. Since that time, he has become a born- again believer and has served the Lord for over 37 years.
It was during his years of private practice that God began to show him, through the Scriptures, how much the emotional and spiritual state totally relate to one’s physical well-being, both positively and negatively.
Dr. Smith’s list of accomplishments is distinguished:
- He founded Triangle Medical Center, in Longview, Washington, from 1963 to 2003.
- He has been the Chairman of 15 city wide crusades in Longview, Washington.
- He co-founded a Christian counseling clinic at a local Assembly of God Church in Longview, Washington.
- He has served as a member of Christ for the Nations Advisory Board in Dallas, Texas from 1975 to the present.
- He founded and is Chairman of Luke Ministries, Int’l, a non-profit organization, since 1990.
- He is the Medical Director for Global Assistance
- He is the Medical Director for Doctors with a Mission.
- He is a member of Doctor’s for Life in South Africa.
In his early years, Dr. Smith was an assistant football coach from 1975-1979 at a local Longview High School. He and his wife, Arlene, started a Bible study for the students as an outreach to the youth of the community. At one point, it included up to one hundred high school students, who came to their home every Wednesday night. For four years, this ministry resulted in a revival among the youth. Today, some of those Bible study youth are in leadership positions, either in business or ministry.
Dr. Smith, for the past seven years, has and is still serving world wide as a medical missionary for World Challenge, Inc.